However, the fact stands, there are many different types of engineering professions, so if you have not heard of a Façade engineer, or know little about the specialty, it is not too surprising.
It is for this reason that we've decided to shed some light on our profession and provide a list of Q&As to help you better understand Façade engineering and why it may be valuable to you.
What is the difference between a Façade Engineer and other Engineering disciplines?
Then, they hone a wider understanding and skill set in the science of cladding and specific repair methodologies.
Do Façade Engineers work on new or old buildings?
Alternatively, they may be involved in surveying or diagnostic and remedial work. Some façade engineers are involved in research and testing.
What do Façade Engineers focus on?
- Curtain wall
- Waterproofing elements
- Masonry health
- Structural deterioration and structural upgrade
What value do Façade Engineers add?
- Diagnostics and solution scoping
- Performance led delivery, ensuring that the façade does what is required for the environment whilst meeting aesthetic criteria
- Risk mitigation and control
- Project management and quality assurance for the purposes of cost control and quality delivery
- Supervision through installation phases
- Certification of performance
- Expert Witness services